Sunday, February 7, 2010

Water

Ruthie is an avid water drinker. All day long she asks for water. I am often in the middle of something so I will quickly fill a glass hand it off and continue with my task. The other day as I was making dinner Ruthie came into the kitchen and asked, "Mom, can I have a glass of water?" I replied, "Sure." I gave the sauce a quick stir filled her glass handed it off and continued cooking. Ruthie took a sip and walked over to her dad and said, "Mom always gives me warm water."
I have learned two lessons from this. First, Ruth is the best child ever, months and months and months of warm water and this is the first I have ever even heard of it. And Second, it only takes about 8 seconds to let the water get cold.

3 comments:

Katie said...

What a sweetie! Guess that 8 seconds will be worth it! ;)

The Evans Family said...

I think the greatest thing about this story is it shows you that Ruthie knows how to prioritize. She knows what is important and she will fight for it. Warm water, she can live with....but my question is what is it she fights for?

Love you sister!

Amy said...

What a sweetheart (: