Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Great Conversation

Today Ruth and I were snuggling on my bed after she woke up from her nap. Sadie was still asleep. This is one of my very favorite things to do. Our conversation went as follows...

Me: Ruthie will you stay with me forever?
Ruth: I can't
Me: Why??
Ruth: I have to get married and leave.
Me: I thought you were going to marry Prince Eric (dad).
Ruth: He said I can't because he is already married to you.
Me: Who is going to stay with me forever and ever then?
Ruth: You will stay with the handsome, handsome, handsome, handsome Prince Eric forever. Isn't that great!
Me: YES!!!
Ruth: and you can keep Sadie forever too.

What a lucky women I am. Ruth has her proper perspective and I get Prince Eric and hopefully Sadie. Ruthie did eventually offer me to come and live with her and her husband, so it sounds like I will be cared for.





Prince Eric...Here's to Forever and Ever!

4 comments:

Katie said...

How sweet! Good thing you are married to a prince, not a toad!!

Natalie said...

So cute! That little Ruthie is so smart!! I just found your blog again. When my computer died, I lost all my links to commonly visited sites. But I'll sign up to follow you now, so I won't lose you again! Love you!

megan edelman photography said...

Hi Andy! Thanks for your comment on my blog and how fun to find yours...I'm thinking you're Natalie's sister-in-law! Your girls are gorgeous! Loved this conversation you shared...way too funny and way too SWEET!!! I sometimes feel like I should walk around my oldest with a tape recorder...capture all her brilliant little thoughts :)

Tamara said...

I miss not seeing you guys! That Ruthie is one smart girl! How are you feeling?