Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finally Here

What a day. Sadie finally made it here. I was scheduled to be induced at 7 am and ended up going into labor at 3am that morning. After watching Peter Pan, taking a hot bath and a few other last minute preps and contractions 2-3 min. apart we headed to the hospital. After an epidural, a nap, four hours, and pushing, she finally came. There is nothing more amazing then when they place that little girl up on your lap. I love being a mamma.
2 minutes old

Very happy daddy!
We thought Sadie looked Samoin for the longest time. Her sister Ruth looked Albino. You could see her veins through who skin she was so white. Sadie was nice red and chubby!
The first diaper changed...performed by Eric, honestly I didn't change one diaper the whole time we were in the hospital, and I don't change too many at home. What a sweetheart.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats! She's beautiful!!!

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! I've been waiting to hear the good news. She is beautiful!

Tiffany said...

those poopy diapers from the other post are HILARIOUS!!!!! I was just thinking about when we lived a block away and how fun that would be now that we have two kids a piece. Just missing my big sis I guess. Love you